A mini facelift is a good alternative to a traditional facelift if the signs of aging are limited to the lower third of your face. Mini facelifts are becoming more popular among men and women in Palm Beach due to the advantages over a full facelift. Here are some useful mini facelift facts.
Benefits of a Mini Facelift
- Shorter recovery
- Limited anesthesia (general anesthesia may not be required)
- Easier symptom management after the procedure
- More affordable compared to a full facelift
- May delay the need for a traditional facelift
Best Candidates for a Mini Facelift
Some general guidelines for being a good candidate for a mini facelift are:
- Between 30 and 45 years old
- Mild to moderate wrinkles and sagging in the mid-face area
- Good skin elasticity
- Minor sagging of the muscles in the mid-face
- A desire for subtle improvements versus dramatic changes
The Mini Facelift Procedure
The incisions for a mini facelift are made around your ears. Incisions along the hairline are not needed. Once the incisions are made, the surgeon carefully tightens the skin and removes any excess. Botox® or Dysport® injections can be used to complement the results of the surgery by softening lines on the forehead, between the eyes and at the corners of the eyes. If you have some lost volume in the mid-face area, we may recommend Sculptra® or Restylane® treatments.
Recovery from a Mini Facelift
The first week after your mini facelift, you will rest at home. You can return to work after seven days, but you will still have some swelling, bruising and discomfort. The swelling could last for up to one year.
Results of a Mini Facelift
Some of the changes that you may see after your mini facelift are:
- Contoured chin
- Less sagging along the jawline
- Reduced wrinkles around the mouth
- A defined area under the cheeks
Limitations of a Mini Facelift
Although the mini facelift offers advantages for men and women, the procedure does have some limitations. You may be better suited for a full facelift if you want long-lasting results or a dramatic reduction in wrinkles. A full facelift is also recommended if you have wrinkles around your eyes or on your forehead.
Learn More About the Mini Facelift Procedure. Contact Plastic Surgery of Palm Beach.
Mini facelifts are the most common type of facelift for men and women in Palm Beach. Find out if a mini facelift is right for you. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.