Microdermabrasion and chemical peels are two Spa Zen medical spa treatments that correct damage and signs of aging. If you are considering either of these treatments, you should understand how each contributes to rejuvenating your skin.
What is a Microdermabrasion Treatment?
You may already use an exfoliator as part of your daily skincare routine. These products remove dead skin cells and other impurities from the surface of the skin to prevent dullness, dryness and clogged pores. Microdermabrasion is a professional-grade exfoliation treatment that goes deeper than the products you use at home. It also helps with cell turnover and collagen production. The procedure is performed with a wand that emits tiny crystals across the surface of the skin to clean away the impurities more effectively than what can be done with skincare products.
What Does Microdermabrasion Correct?
- Dull complexion
- Rough skin
- Clogged pores
- Sun damage
- Fine lines
How Frequent are Microdermabrasion Treatments?
Microdermabrasion can be repeated every month.
What’s the Recovery from Microdermabrasion?
No recovery is needed after a microdermabrasion treatment.
How Much Does Microdermabrasion Cost?
The average cost of a single microdermabrasion treatment is $75 to $200.
Chemical Peel Treatment
Chemical peels are solutions that are applied to the skin and allowed to penetrate to a specific depth. The peels are categorized as light, medium and deep.
What Does a Chemical Peel Correct?
- Light chemical peels help with fine lines, acne scars, age spots and other concerns on the surface of the skin.
- Medium chemical peels help with uneven skin color, acne scars and moderate wrinkles.
- Deep chemical peels help with moderate to severe wrinkles, lesions, deeper scars and other issues that develop in the lowest two layers of the skin.
How Frequent are Chemical Peel Treatments?
- You can have light chemical peels every month to maintain your skin
- Medium chemical peels can be repeated every three to six months
- Deep chemical peels are performed per discretion of the practitioner based on your skin type
How Long is the Recovery from Chemical Peels?
- No recovery is needed after a light chemical peel. Your skin may feel a little sensitive and have minor redness for a few days.
- You may experience swelling, redness and discomfort for one week after a medium chemical peel.
- A deep chemical peel requires at least two weeks to heal, and you may experience severe redness, as well as swelling and discomfort. Some patients use pain medications after their deep chemical peels.
Interested in Microdermabrasion & Chemical Peels? Contact Spa Zen at Plastic Surgery of Palm Beach.
If you are interested in microdermabrasion or chemical peels, contact us to schedule a consultation. We help you understand your options, so you can make an informed decision about your treatment.