Breast augmentation requires a relatively short recovery period, but you should take some steps to make sure that you have time to relax and allow your body to heal. Here are some recovery tips for your breast augmentation surgery.
Create a Relaxing Environment
Because rest is integral to your recovery after breast augmentation, we recommend that you spend some extra time preparing a space in your home. Most women recuperate in their bedrooms, but the most important aspects of your healing space are:
- Peace and quiet
- Minimal activity from others, such as children, pets and just daily family happenings
- Little to no access to technology
- Comfortable, cozy blankets and linens
- Plenty of pillows with a variety of firmness
- A way to communicate with someone should you need something
Having a Support System
Whether it’s a spouse, family member or friend, a support system is paramount to a restful and healthy recovery after breast augmentation surgery. The individual should help with:
- Checking incisions
- Going to the bathroom
- Helping you follow the surgeon’s instructions
- Making sure that you are comfortable and letting you rest quietly
What to Wear
Your breasts may be covered with a compression bra after the surgery. Wear this garment until the surgeon says that you can remove it. If you are not given one of these surgical bras, do not use underwire bras. The best option is a semi-loose-fitting sports bra that hooks in place. You should wear button-up nightgowns and shirts because you should refrain from lifting your arms over your head. These items should fit comfortably and loose on the body.
What to Eat and Drink
After your surgery, you should eat small meals or snacks for a few days to let your stomach settle after the anesthesia. We also recommend using straws to drink because you may not be able to sit up to drink. Some of our favorite post-surgery foods are:
- Proteins that are easy to chew
- Vegetables that can be cut up and eaten raw
You will not be able to shower after your breast augmentation, so you will need some hygiene wipes. Other items that you may need are:
- Saline to clean incisions
- Wound ointments
- Sterile cotton pads and swabs
- Products that help with scar healing
Are You Considering Breast Augmentation? Contact Plastic Surgery of Palm Beach.
At Plastic Surgery of Palm Beach, we are there for our patients from their first consultation until they are fully healed from the breast augmentation and other procedures. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.